1. One day you’re going to want to leave. Go. Leave everyone behind for awhile. The world will still be there if you return.
2. Say what you feel and say it with conviction. The worst that can happen is they don’t feel the same way. You’re still you. And you’ve got galaxies growing in you.
3. If a boy has a hard time telling you he loves you back, he doesn’t love you. He’s not scared or ‘still going through a breakup’ or whatever he tells you to make it better. He just doesn’t love you and that’s okay.
4. When it’s 3am and you feel like there’s nothing to live for anymore, go outside and take a deep breath. Try to remember the look on your mothers face when you told her about your first day of kindergarten. You’re going to want to hear that story, too, some day.
5. Some people aren’t good for you. Let them go.
6. If you’re at a party and you’ve drank so much that your throat burns and your head spins, tell him how you really feel. Tell him how he ripped open your rib cage so much to get your heart that it’s harder to breathe. But you don’t miss him.
7. When he apologizes, don’t say ‘it’s okay’ because it’s not. What he did is and never will be ‘okay.’
8. And always, always remember: You were beautiful before he said you were."